大家好, (Hi guys)
I will start this post by telling you about my first field trip to Nijmegen at the muZIEum.
We had a field trip for the Bildung module where we went to a museum. At first I didn't know what to expect. I just thought it would be paintings and stuff like art.
It was a museum where you could experience how a blind person experiences things. At the beginning of the tour they would give you a brief introduction of what your day holds. After that you get a pole and you go into the dark where an actual blind person guides you through it. They take you on a vacation. In my tour I got to experience China in the dark. If, I could be completely honest with you I got emotional from the start of this tour. I get major anxiety when my environment becomes unknown, but to myself I thought these people can't see anything at all, why am I complaining? Just put yourself in their shoes for once and understand. At multiple times I got very emotional. Our tour guide explained how difficult things were for her. She told us that she was not always blind. Due to a operation failure she lost her eyesight. Telling us how she remembered some colors and sometimes dreaming of seeing again. Later waking up and seeing nothing.. that it was only just a dream. Every time she told us where we were for instance in a hotel lobby or at a farmers market I asked myself how does she know this? How can she see the beautiful things around her? It deeply saddened me, because she has to picture everything in her mind as to how she thinks it would look like. The thrill a person gets by seeing the Eiffel Tower or the simplest things like the sunset they cannot experience. It made me realise how fortunate I am to have eyesight and to be grateful of the beautiful things around me. Never complain about how difficult your life is when there are other people in this world who have it 10 times harder than you, but yet manage to still have a smile on their faces.
If you see someone in need help them. A little help goes a long way guys.
If you are up for a unique experience I would advise you to visit the muZIEum in Nijmegen.
Check out their website http://muzieum.nl
Hello Chayenne,
ReplyDeleteNice to see the tour made such an impression on you. We indeed take sight for granted and many others things in life. Nice blog!